Tuesday, December 21, 2004

368. Glancing in the review mirror, he saw his green eye in the lower lefthand corner staring back. "It's happening." We ran into the house, maybe it was just the street light. I grasped the cold can of Diet Coke hoping the fizzy nectar would send more blood to my brain and allow me to peer, childlike, into the mirror over the sink. "And me. It hurts, God it hurts." He closes his eyes, wishing he could also close his ears. I tried to focus again and still got lost. "It's not the same. A person does not look the same in a mirror as she does."

4 Comments:

Blogger alfr3do said...

I took more time today to read your work. This is one strange puzzle you're trying to assemble. Very itneresting.

I think "He closes his eyes..." has the link wrong, it comes from hourminute. No big deal, I just noticed it while trying to sort things out.

Great work... keep it up!

4:00 am  
Blogger 4thra said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:04 pm  
Blogger 4thra said...

I've fixed the link now - sorry about that.
Thankyou for your support.
Rachel.

4:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bright mirror I braved: The devil in it
Loved me like my soul, my soul:
Now that I seek myself in a serpent
My smile is fatal.

9:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home